Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Campfire Pav

Yes, I know it has been some time, but crafting had to take a back seat for a while I indulged in my other passion Girl Guiding. Last weekend we went to camp. We set ourselves a challenge and did a lot of the cooking on fires. A group of leaders had done our advanced outdoor cooking module earlier in the year and Tricia decided that we would successfully cook a pavlova in the fire. And we succeeded. It was more crunchy that fluffy but than is how I like it and the arms of us all were a bit tired as no electricity to use the electric beater hence less fluff.

Our dinner menu was, Apricot Chicken done in the camp oven, baked potatoes in the embers, rice cooked in a haybox, mince chowmein cooked over the fire, dessert was pavola, apple crumble cooked over the fire, selfsaucing chocolate pudding steamed in an oven bag - all of us were so stuffed after it was soooo yummy.

Smiles
Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fabulous camp :) I'm a Brownie leader which unfortunately means we don't get to take the girls for 'proper' camping... and I'm someone who frequently spends my holidays in a tent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to get the recipe for camp fire pav? my partner is a scouts leader and we have a christmas themed rovers camp coming up. so pav would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like lots of fun, with some yummy food

    ReplyDelete